Sunday, October 31, 2004

Lost in the ether?

I wrote an anguished post this morning, it must have been so painful that it has done the decent thing and ...disappeared! However, I will not be deterred, this thing does not know stubborn until it has crossed my path!!

A few weeks ago I went walking in Derbyshire, walking could be a euphemism for paddling in cow muck!! Even while living on a farm, I did not achieve the depth and quality of sludge that we experienced that week-end! A few days later Shirley rang and asked me if I had cleaned my boots, errh no was my embarrassed answer. (I hate house work, and this sounds remarkable like displaced cleaning, my least favourite activity.)
So today, I have dry scrubbed my boots, the 'ordure' has been removed and I am ready for next week-end's mystery walk in Leicester. We meet on the race course and aim for a local pub for lunch. This is the man who led us in Derbyshire, supposedly to a pub, but lunch was a longer way away than we imagined, I hope he is kinder next week-end.

So please note, I have cleaned my boots - this is an official first for me!! Please circle today in red on your calenday, if I can find mine, I will be doing exactly that!

(I have found this post and am going to try again!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I know some people in Leicester! Terry Edwards is his name. His daughter's name is Daisy and she has beautiful red hair.

Have fun on your walk :)

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home