Thursday, November 04, 2004

It's all right to....

weep, said the vicar at our assembly yesterday, when someone has died or something else sad has happened. However, it is not alright for a teacher to burst into tears in front of the school, so I crept into the cupboard and cried my way through the rest of her assembly. I thought I was much stronger about my mother's death, but these things haunt you don't they?
So, I am making a list:
It's alright to cry, to drink a toast to my mum, to laugh about things we enjoyed together, to wear the mohair jacket that we both loved and, most of all, to talk to her.
So if you are ready - raise your glasses and join us in a gin and tonic, it is our time of the evening for a large glass full! The black olives are also very necessary.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I say you cry whenever and whereever you feel! There's nothing wrong with that!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I have memories of your Mum and I would make that a double, she certainly would.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home