Friday, October 21, 2005

National Pride

We have been immersed in Trafalgar mania this week. I had never learnt anything about the Battle of Trafalgar or Nelson in my own school days, but I have made up for it now. Wow, he was a treasure! We have searched the net and found out so much information at school. I think that this 'immediate' history is very exciting and the kids have loved it. I shall be escaping from writing those 3000 words this week to catch up on a few programmesbout hte celebrations!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

So Thelma, which version have you taught the children? Kismet or 'kiss me'?

2:57 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Come on Louise, it had to be 'England expects that every man should do his duty!' What else would I tell them?!!! None of these soppy last words, let's be patriotic....

4:21 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

You will be happy to know that I view the webcam at Trafalgar Square all the time! Here is the site:

http://www.camvista.com/england/london/trafsq.php3

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home