Thursday, June 05, 2003

I take the hint!
You know things are bad when you best firend tells you that you're being boring.... OK, so you want to know about interesting things? I am not going to write about the day my 2CV went up in flames on the M54 - it still hurts, but as Livvy said, "Lucy is now in the sky - with diamonds..." She was called Lucy, my lovely car - BUT I AM NOT GOING TO GET MAUDLIN! And yes I was shouting! And I've run out of gin....

Any man who reads this (do they? I don't think any man would - its a girlie thing surely?) would snort at those three symbols - Ha! She drove a what?!!!
Shall I tell you about the time I got cross in the sauna?
Those times when you go into the sauna and its full of men who start talking cars. They use lots of letters and numbers and one-up-manship and scorn and things. (Well when it comes to cars I love the 2CV, they had character, charisma and fun.) When the men had finished their rivalries with each other, they started on me - what did I drive? A green and white hatchback I said, it has four wheels and it goes. What size engine etc etc. Well I told them and they fell about laughing and being rude, silly men!

Then I had a wonderful time when I bought my present car, she's called 'Blue' 'cos she is, and she goes like a dream. I went for a trial drive in Worcester to see if my mother could actually get into her - week-end drives and getting lost are our weekend outings together.

Then the salesman started on me: it has headlight levels that you can adjust, (me) oh yes, two of my last cars had those. You can change the light bulb by unscrewing the lamp covers - (me again!) yes I could do that two - no expensive light units you see. You can tip the seat right down - (yes...) can't you take them out? I could in my previous cars.
At this point he was getting slightly peeved, and asked what car this paragon was, I just loved telling him it was a 2CV, he could not look me in the eye after that, especially when I ordered Blue.
Now I join in the car talk and boast that my Blue has RSS, PMT, OHT and VHT, I feel so good when no-one asks me what they mean.
Does that mean that all this car talk is tosh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home