Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Immaculate Timing and The Turner Prize?
Last night I wrote a lengthy update to the Blog and posted it - just as the connection to the internet was cut, so yes the whole blooming lot was lost. At which the *** it factor kicked in and I gave up. However, today is a new ball game, I have learnt from that and will copy before I post. Hah! There are ways of dealing with these stupid systems, bear in mind they are only stupid when they don't allow humane mistakes to be rectified.... OK OK.
So, how have you been ending the year? Going to the sales, work, sleeping? As you so kindly asked asked me, I have been up in the attic sorting out the boxes of historical junk. And wow, there are some. Dress patterns from the 70's - the days when I would buy a pattern, material etc on a Saturday morning and the garment would be finished for the dance that night at the Winter Gardens. I still have the original cat suit made just after their first appearance - slinky and swirly op artish patterns in bright colours. Mmmm, now how did the style guru of the day let me out of the house in that?!!
There are other various bits and pieces too, funnily enough there was a programme excerpt on yesterday about the girl's mag called Jackie, which I used to read avidly. There in one of the plastic boxes is a plastic wallet that was given way in the magazine at some stage. A box revealed lots of other little things I have collected at some stage in life - small tins seem to have been the only constant theme, so I will stick to those and throw away a lot of other stuff.
As for the pictures - when I moved here my good firend helped me to pack lots of stuff and wrote wonderfully daft comments on the items she carefully wrapped, comments that were wholly judgmental and funny, so I know exactly what is inside the wrapping even though I have not unpacked the pictures in five years. In fact I think a fashion of hanging up brown paper wrappings with comments on is far more entertaining than the original art work. Is this something that I could put up for the Turner Prize next year? I shall make enquiries....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home