Sunday, December 07, 2003

The Sun has come out!
I have just crept out of bed - Sunday morning is the time I can relax and listen to the radio without a panic. It is a lovely day outside, the tree skeletons just in front of my little study look lovely against the blue sky. It is going to be a wonderful day.
Yesterday was a first in a very important way. My daughter came over and was keen to go clothes shopping. When I say keen, I mean it; she had that look in her eye which meant, 'Stop wasting time, I want to go to Moet NOW!'
We did. DLG you would have been proud of her, three hours later we left the shop with some clothes for her and a few for me. She tried everything on with a thoroughness that any true clothes shopper whould be proud of. The end result? Some lovely jeans in a size which was really wonderful -- she has lost some weight recently and gone down two - yes two dress sizes this year! A lovely jumper with a false fur neckline that hovers on the shoulders - great fun! A skirt and some little tops. Then we went up the road to the shoe shop and were extremely successful in there too - two pairs of casual shoes. It was such a lovely experience - successful shopping!!!!!
We then ordered some Chinese takeaway from a restaurant at Loggerheads - Ambrosia.
It was superb! Ambrosia


I have now had two excellent Chinese meals in this country - one in Leicester and this one last night. Livvy had a wonderful deep fried Mongolian dish and another veggie one on noodles, the Mongolian one was a completely new taste experience for me. I shall go for tha when I return!! My prawn and scallop dishes were excellent too - all very differerent flavours, no hint of msg and juice around any old veg, they had different selections in each one. Then I think we drank a bottle of the Christmas wine - it was delicious, so I shall have to go down to the pub at Worcester and get another bottle of that!!
Well, I think we celebrated our birthdays in style! When is it Christmas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home