Sunday, March 28, 2004

I hope he is OK?
My daily journeys to school are peppered with a meeting somewhere along the route - nothing illicit, just a daily happening. Everyday I see a beautiful cock pheasant in the woods, sometimes he is on the road side and disdainfully turns his back on me. At other times he faces the road, stands upright and looks down his beak at me. The mornings I am late for school seem to be patently obvious to him - those are the days he slowly and gracefully crosses the road in front of me. Why is it so obvious that I won't aim for him screaming Sunday Lunch as I splatter him? Am I a wimp? Occasionally he will outface me and just stand in the middle of the road before a rather ungainly exit in flight.
Sadly, the last three days he has been missing, there has not been a pile of flesh and feathers on the road so I hope all is well with him. Unlike the poor badger who met his end on the lane further along. Then there was the dog fox I saw last night - yes Saurday night.....
What I am trying to say is that although the job is bleeding every drop of work out of me at the mo- the journeys are lovely and the wildlife is wonderful. So there are compensations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home