Monday, March 15, 2004

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away....
Yes, OK, I am a Beetles fan, and this song was on the cd that Ru returned to me. I spent the day in Church Stretton on a pre-school-visit recce. We are going to do some river studies in the hills that surround the town. Now, when I say river studies, we will be examining a stream that is about ankle deep but has all the pertinant river features. I am looking forward to taking the class and getting some work done in a practical way.
(You can tell by the tone that there is going to be 'but'. can't you?)
I arrived in school this morning to prepare for the day - I was to teach the whole age range today - from 4 right through to 11. Quite an active session, oh and chess club at lunch time... A parent came in to tip me the wink that the trip might be called off, some other parents wanted a risk assessment done. Hmmm, well there is a 10 page document which I have to fill in and that is why I went to see the place. So I was a little cross to find out that they thought I would take the class somewhere, without going there first, and without knowing what I wanted doing. What has happened to this idea that you work with the school for the best of your child's education?
Yikes!!I hate all this negativity that is rubbing off onto me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home