Sunday, August 22, 2004

WOWEE!
That was some holiday! I am home now and will post some pickies soon - the net has been difficult to get into but perhaps it has just forgotten that I exist...?
The weather seems to have been fairly awful here, the temperature in Arizona did not really fall below 100 degrees and I loved it! Perhaps the body changes its attitude towards heat, I know that I am far happier with those temperatures now - I used to prefer the cold.... silly person!
One little thing that surprised me about the States was the difficulty we had of finding places to get on to the net - they all assume that you bring your own computer: in Scottsdale, there was one terminal which stayed on line for two minutes then cut you off. Hah! They've never used Hotamil then?!!! Two minutes gives you just about time to open the bloomin thing, then to see it disappear into the ether was rather cross making. But I survived without. It did however bring home to me how much I use this 'thing' to communicate with people - interesting!
My next holiday in the States will see me camping in the Crand Canyon, that was an electrifying experience and one that haunts me at strange times in the day. What an incredible hole in the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home