Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Well blow me down!
Have you had one of those days where everything just goes - or rather doesn't go the right way?

I was offered a free session from my bank to help me sort out my accounts, so I accepted. A gentleman rang me twice to confirm the appointment. Very chatty and said he was looking forward to meeting me. Fine.
I turned up - on time for said appointment and he was informed I was there. Twenty five minutes later I was still waiting. At this moment in time I asked the girl behind the counter to tell him I was not prepared to wait any longer. "He's only on the phone" I was told!!!! I wish I had retorted that if I kept my class waiting 25 minutes whilst I took a phone call I would be sacked. What a nerve! The Alliance and Leicester will be hearing more about this - I am fed up with it!!

So to calm myself down, I walked to my favourite coffee shop for a cup of tea, at 3.50. (Note the time? In the UK that's TEA time) Walked in and was told "We're closed. Sorry!" So why didn't they bolt the door and put the sign at eyelevel for normal human beings? Even your son DLG would have had problems claiming the sign was at his eyelevel.

Oh bah humbug for today. I'm so cross I'm going to dig out another compost heap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home