Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Addicted?
I returned home from my various outings this summer to find that my telephone was refusing to work. What an eye opener that is! First of all BT could not send an engineer out for 10 days because so many people are having problems, this is after grilling me about my phone and threatening me with a bill for £50 if it was my telephones tha were faulty and not the line...hmmm. How many people suddenly have telephone receivers that die on them? I don't think too many, I think we have had the wrong sort of rain, you know, that wet stuff. I was told that the connections to my telephone pole might not be good, I replied it was non-existant as the lines are underground on this little estate. Anyway, I promised to stay in for the whole of this week-end on the off chance that an engineer could come to sort out the problem then, as I am a working woman and cannot just leave my job to be there for the engineers, that was the best they could do. Now the funny thing is that the phone has mended itself! My impatience and unwillingness to accept that it doesn't work, means that I pick up the receiver every time I turn on my computer,and it has just worked. YIPPEEE!!!
And oh, haven't I missed blogging and emails. I suspect they are now a true addiction in my life, sad person that I am!
SO, if this continues in this healthy vein, I will get back to posting some pickies from the hols - I have some lovely garden photos now too. (Don't know if this will work, the connection has just been cut again - let us see!)
Do I own up to the phone working again, or do I wait for the engineer to come and sort itout? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home