Saturday, November 20, 2004

Watch out mice!

Can someone help me please? I gather the new anti hunting law has all sorts of ramifications which have not been made clear to yours truly.

I have a mouse visiting my little house again and I wish to persuade it to leave - or kill the little varmint. He has chewed the collection of soaps I have from various odd places - they come (but as from now, it will be came) in useful when studying historic times at school. Do I get sent to jail if I hunt him out and kill him in a slow and unpleasant way? If I have a cat I gather all is well - he could do the deed and we would both be out of the law's remit. If, however, I borrow my neighbour's dog, then we are in trouble, except if I say he accidentally killed the mouse on his ways to chase a pheasant out of my attic. See how difficult life is in the country? I can't shoot him because I don't have a gun and I am not sure i would kill him outright, good shot though I am. So it has to be poison and that is nasty for the mouse. (I wonder if I could follow the trail of bubbles that he must be leaving behind him from all the soap he's eaten?)

So, what should I do? Shall I ring the police and ask for their advice? Can you imagine what they would say?

There! I've invented a competition - what would the police say if I asked their advice about killing mice in my home and garden. The winner will receive a sugar mouse of their choice of colour for their Christmas stocking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

How about using a "sticky trap"? It's a piece of paper that is very sticky and they are lured to it by its smell and then get stuck to it and cannot get away. I have been told that these work great.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds wonderful - is it an American thing? I just love the idea of the mice stuck to a tape, now I wonder about larger creatures!!!!!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home