Sunday, October 23, 2005

How I have changed!

Here we are - its half term and I have at least 3000 words to write for the disseratation. Yes, its time to knuckle down to that creative process with a vengeance!
The odd thing is that I have changed my working processes totally. In my previous younger life of academic work, I had to write in total silence, which as you can imagine was not too easy at college. However, there has been a revolution in my working practise.
I NEED music playing in the background, otherwise I prowl around unable to settle down. It has to be light in style, or else I listen to it properly and don't work. It can't be too upbeat otherwise that distracts me too. At the moment I am hooked on Elton, but has anyone any better ideas for gentle music that is not too distracting, but also not too mushy?
The other thing that has also changed is the snacking - what used to be a pile of chocolate bars has now become a bag of dried apricots from apricot roundabout in Leh.They are similar to Hunza apricots, but have more of a tang to their taste.
Three more months of this.....

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Eric ......and I found Botany is best done to Rod!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I adore Elton, but have you tried Sting - Fields of Gold?

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home