Monday, June 16, 2003

How many brick walls can you bang your head against at one go?

I have been receiving hints about there being a paucity of my bloggits on this site over the last few days. Well the reason is that I have finally got on with the pond. My lovely daughter cut the tree down in my garden at least two years ago, in fact it was three. (She decided that it was boring tree and in the wrong place, I used to hang my washing in it.) There was however, a very nasty weed growing there - one of the oldest plants which does not go in for eradication. So I had to dig the whole circle of surrounding soil out and get rid of said soil away from my garden. Nice and easy? Huh! My garden was a run for pheasant chicks and so was just hardcore down to about knee depth. You don't dig - you chisel the bits out.
So here is the hole after 2 years with some sand - ready for off!



Then it has to be cosseted with sand and my neighbour's carpet liner - not needed any more since the house went up in flames. (Not a good thing that.)



Then - all on my own I laid the butyl liner out and filled it with water. Good eh!!



Then my lovely daughter comes for a paddle, what we didn't notice was a hole in the liner - a little circular hole which gradually let the water out.... however, she had a paddle first!



Then today I took up the leaky liner, exchanged for a new one and did it all over again. ...



It never rains but it pours, then I dealt with the wasps' nest, but I will show you those photos tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home