Sunday, June 22, 2003

I have actually finished it!
The pond is finished, the edging sorted out and some plants have been anchored into the water as well as the surrounding soil.



As my friends will know, this is quite an achievement for me! I get carried away with ideas and then don't finish things... messy person!! This time though, it is done. And what's more I am pleased with it. The whole project has taken several years, from the time Livvy took an active dislike to the tree in the lawn and cut it down, then Rupert dug out the roots for me so that I could take my time digging out the rest of the hole. It has been a monumental task for me, but I am so pleased that it is finished. When the plants grow over the liner at the edge and the lilies (can't afford them yet - when I get a job I will treat myself to those) cover the water then it will be pretty.

A robin spent much time collecting food for her family whilst I was digging around today, she became very brave and followed my digging moves.
So my garden is approaching the completion state that I have planned over the six years that I have lived here - almost to the day. It will be the anniversary on Thursday - shucks, I'll have to open a bottle of wine!!
Here's what the house looks like now.



It is very quirky but I love it and am very happy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home