Thursday, June 26, 2003

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours... are you all singing along with me? No? Oh well...

I have wonderful neighbours on this estate.
Ted and Freda who live next door are retired, he was an industrial chemist and she was a Head Mistress. Ted is into wood turning and he's good at it, he also has all the boy's toys that a wood turner wants and needs. I have just been admiring his latest venture - he is making a stand for a lathe to demonstrate some wood turning at the farm where he does some voluntary work with young people who have severe learning difficulties.
We got onto talking about torque - remember a few days ago I asked if a man could help with my electric screwdriver and they all ran for cover? Well Ted has explained it all and I understand it now.
My real problem was not the 'torque'ing (Ican hear you all saying things at this point!) but the size of the hole I had drilled. So to all those men in shops who have advised me on the size of my drill bits, I have only one phrase for you - SIZE DOES MATTER!

Another good neighbour, Phil, is a retired policeman. He provided the pool liner's cushion from his burnt out house, he has also delivered lots of bags of donkey manure this morning. So what am I going to be doing this afternoon?
Turning out my own compost heaps of course!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home