Friday, June 06, 2003

Visitors - welcome and unwelcome
I have been reminded about this incident by another blogger who is suffering from the attentions of a mouse.
In my last home they came in every autumn, - well at least it meant that I cleaned out my cupboards each year. However I am a total coward when it comes to bodies, my three year old could freak me out by chasing me with worms from the garden, when I took my usual refuge of running into the house and locking the door, he would post them through the letter box. Then what to do, - if I opened the door I would squash them and would they wiggle out of the way? No, of course not!

But back to the mice in the house. I had a family come to stay so things had to get tough - for them.
At this point in my life my children came to see me daily and to stay at some point in the week - but the days were not reliable. So my son usually set the trap in the evenings he was there, which was good. One night it went off within moments of his setting it - great, he dealt with the body.

Then there was the time when I heard it go off in the evening but had no children staying the night. So of course this had to wait until the mornnig. Said son did his bit, he opened the door of the cupboard and found the victim, then spent some time examining it and fiddling with something, the he announced with great glee, 'Look mum, its got rigor mortis in its tail...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home