Saturday, September 06, 2003

Forgive me Visa, I have shopped.
One week's work, that's all it takes to build up that need for retail therapy! True, Friday was a long day, I left school at 7.45p.m. afteranother massive sortout - of boxes of files from a headteacher who died two years ago, boxes of junk from last term and a computer's filing system. Last term I was good about the shopping for clothes - I just did not buy any, not that this meant that I walked around starkers, but I was being cautious. However, we are now talking about a different kettle of fish, there will be a pay cheque at the end of this month, so off I trundle to Moet at Eccleshall.
They are like old friends, there's always a cheery greeting and enquiries about my life and yours Lardy Girl. The coffee is made and I collect armsful of clothes to try on. This bit is more boring now that I don't get things torn away from me that are obviously unsuitable, but I am a happy little bunny trying on lots. Then I sort out the categories of yes and no, go to pay for them, see some more things, so go back and try them on, take the final pile to the desk to be immaculately packed and pay. They now know that I do not wish to have the total price spoken out loud, whispers are enough for me at this point!
In the past I would go on to Julien's but now there is a shoe shop just up the road, so I go there first. One pair of lovely sandal type shoes fo rthe evening and a pair of boots later, I finally go to Julien's for a meal. He has now gone upmarket which is a pity, lunch time in there used to be more fun, its more staid now - white table cloths, no menu board etc. Pity that! The food remains superb, the little bread rolls still appear with the 'compliments of the house', and the service is good but not so friendly as of yore. The leg of duck was excellent, the butter beans must have been grown in a giant's allotment, they were huge! Coffee to round it off, then home to throw out the old clothes - FOUR bags, yes FOUR!! Two bags of old coat hangers, then things started to look sorted.
The present task is photographing all my shoes so that I can stick a picture on each box and see what I need quickly. Imelda is my fourth Christian name.... this will take some time!
So you can see I have had a good time today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home