Monday, August 25, 2003

The Step Ladder has gone..
but the carpet tiles were down on the floorstill in the boxes and there is still a hole in my cupboard floor that lets in the daylight and will probably let in the harvest mice too. I don't mind them in the compost heap or the garden, but my classroom is a no go area for vermin! I shall have to soft soap the carpenter on Thursday morning to see what he can do about it. The really good news is that I can look my cupboard door - so when I have had enough, I shall be able to cut off the world with a sense of firmness and finality.
I was busy working away in my classroom this morning _ ( a Bank Holiday!!) at 8.30 a.m. - did you really take note of that time? when there was a rapping on the window from a builder - 'Can I have some water Love?' Course he could, when we found the outside tap - disguised in a children play area. Then the carpet men arrived and immediately wanted to know why I was working on a Bank Holiday Monday - they put it down to love of the job. That's when I had to bite my tongue and not make a sarcastic answer. Love of the job???? I replied that in the classroom is it survival of the fittest and I intended to win!
He didn't understand poor man, that its like jungle warfare in there, show any weakness and they go for the jugular. Well, tough! I am going to set out the housekeeping rules straight off, we are having gentlemanly manners from the men and ladylike behaviour from the ladies. Doors will be held open, coats hung up, fingers not inserted into the locks....hang on, what is my name - Joyce Grenfell?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home