Sunday, September 28, 2003

Woahhhh!
Things have moved beyond the realm of reason.... If there are any regular readers out there ...? they will know that I have a friendly mouse family in the garden which feeds on the bird food - sometimes eating the bits that the messy birds drop, at other times they jump onto the feeder, cling on for dinner, eat the nuts then scoot off underground.
However,.... today they have started to play whilst I am out there eating my own dinner. This is one step too far, not only this one step - they have been dancing the two -step -going- too- far -dance.
Let me explain, whilst lying in bed at night trying hard to go to sleep, I do not appreciate a mousetrot above my head from the family who decide to visit overnight. That attic space is for my use only - junk and Christmas is stored up there, it is not offered on rent to four footed families, so..... I have visited the local hardware store.
They sell a mouse poison which guarantees not to poison the mice...yessss, that's right. It affects their digestion, but doesn't poison them. So what does it do? Give them the runs? Hallucinations? Wind? Am I going to be disturbed by mice with indigestion? How loudly do they trumpet?!!! I am going to put this stuff down and see, I do not like the thought of them getting in to the kitchen, not only from the point of view of meanness _ I don't want to share the food, I also don't want to have to clean everything out at this moment in time, so the invite is not there. Get it mouse?(Does this sound as if I am getting cross? Too true!)
When I go to bed tonight, I wonder what the sound effects will be? Munching first I hope, then - wheezing? coughing? the sound of mice falling over after being not-poisoned? I will let you know!
Meanwhile, the wrens are still shouting at me for enjoying the garden during the day, the mice are getting cheeky and joining in the repast, and the wasps are frantically looking for a winter's place to hide. Who said the country was peaceful?
Here I am utilising weapons of mass destruction and swatting the bugs. Blair, Bush? Huh! Wimps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home