Sunday, January 04, 2004

Collywobbles
Does anyone else out there get the collywobbles about starting a new year of teaching? I confess that these wobbly feelings attack me each year and I am now getting a New Year attack as well. I did not realise quite how my mind had gone into some kind of protective state over the last two months, the effects are showing up now with a vengeance. Concentrating is almost impossible, remembering things just doesn't happen and working out what the printed word means is - well let's say difficult! So I start teaching again tomorrow, the planning is basically sorted but can I settle down to plan each individual lesson in a sensible way? Huh!! As for writing it down and differentiating for three groups, remembering what my TA is doing each leasson - it was all planned last term and I have given her a copy, so where is mine???
I think I need to start at the beginning and catch up as I go along:
Do I have clean clothes for the week - yes!
Have I set the alarm for the morning - yes,
three different ones to keep me awake until I realise that I have to get up!
Have I any milk for the morning cup of tea? Yes.
The car is filled with petrol and I have some food for lunch.
So brain, no more excuses, get on and sort out the work, in triplicate, differentiated and tracked in all areas of the curriculum and what is most important is to smile sweetly at all and sundry!
Wow! Happy New Year to you all, those going back to school, starting new jobs - Miss Dale, and those doing the most difficult job of looking after children at home. Enjoy every morning that you do not have to get up and take your child to school! There, I feel happier now and ready to find a file or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home