Thursday, February 19, 2004

Back home again.
My legs are sighing with relief that I am not going to spend another day marching after Rupert in New York, the rest of me is very upset. I have fallen in love with that city, it is very special. The good news is that I have a very good reason to go back, the Museum of Modern Art was not finished so I shall have to go back to see all the paintings that I want to view and that will take several days. Then I need to go to the Guggenheim as well, so many things to see!
The Trip up to the top of the tower was frankly terrifying. I didn't mind looking out through the windows, but going out and looking was definitely a 'hold my hand job' which had Rupert rolling the down isles and throwing words like 'Wooose' in my direction. I thought I was extremely controlled when the lifts were stopped by the firemen and a helicopter buzzed us. It is not what you want to see when you are on the top of the city's tallest building - and I have just remembered what it is called.... The Empire State Building!
Words and names often go walkies from my vocabulary, so Hot Dogs became cooked dogs at the beginning of the Knicks match at Madison Gardens. Not my finest hour that!!! The match was great, I loved the chanting 'Defence! Defence!'
Words came to mind extremely quickly when I arrived home to find the electricity off and my freezer, fridge etc all totally defrosted. Well at least there is no doubt what I shall be doing tomorrow instead of ordering pancakes and bacon.
******** **** ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home