Friday, January 30, 2004

Slight time travel ....
I couldn't post my blog yesterday - hence the two postings of today. The snow has melted and left the usual mess, but it was fun! I would love to be someone who can ski, it must be fantastic to be able to whoosh down hills and be in control of yourself and where you are going. I skied on the farm at home with mum's wooden skis that she had when she worked in Switzerland as a cabin girl. They were far too long and need tremendous waxing, the boots were fine if I filled the toe caps with a pair of dad's welly socks. Then suitably dressed and padded up I would set off!
Our farm was called Tophill Farm and for a good reason. This was great, except that I couldn't steer and ended many of these downhill whooshes stuck over the ditch at the bottom of the first field, screaming for help and rescue. I learnt the hard way not to skiing on my own, that ditch was really mucky and smelly and the ice did not bear my weight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home