Friday, February 20, 2004

Does anybody know the film
where two men had a fight over the roof of Grand Central Station? I was trying so hard to remember it and casually drop it into the conversation. However,.... the building is amazing and so clean. In fact the whole of the city was incredibly clean, there were people everywhere sweeping up any rubbish - and this at all times of the day. They must be so pleased with the effect it has on visitors, let alone the New Yorker's own pride in their city. People just didn't drop litter, they used the bins. Now when are we going to manage this in the UK?
People seem averse to walking a few yards to put rubbish in bins and councils appear not to want to provide them. Perhaps some zero tolerance is needed on this front?
Back to the station, what a wonderful place to meet someone, I think one of my 'things to do in life' must be to arrange to meet a friend there. Near the central information desk with the clock on top. Hmmm, I feel a list coming upon me!
What are the ten things in life that you want to do so that in old age you have some wonderful memories to draw upon? Hearing my baby's heart beat when 3 months pregnant was definitely one of the most exciting - that journey is still providing new experiences. The terracotta army was weird, I felt they were somnolent men waiting for the order to march. In fact during my visit, I went back to see them to check they were still there!!! What are the experiences on your wish list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home