Thursday, April 15, 2004

I needed that therapy!
I spent Monday night with my daughter at her home. She is living on a farm, where she is welcome to use the garden and indeed t o work in it - a garden with a lake, large lawns, shrubberies etc. What a lucky person! She has taken over the greenhouse with her seedlings, the name green house is not quite correct - it is a grape house! I think I shall go and visit in September too!
On Tuesday we went shopping in Birmingham. The outside of the new Selfrdges is rather fun, as a pedestrian you have to hunt it out, but it is worth doing. I wanted to look in Muji, I don't know why because everytime I try some clothes on in there I have an attack of bad temper, why don't the clothes fit the size they claim to be? I forget the cultural differences are not just those of appearance, the Japanese are much smaller than me. Drat!!
This term's work is based upon Buddha and Northern India so I cam home with two books on religion - a first for me, one about Buddhism and a copy of the Koran. I think that if people are going to quote it at us, then I ought to be able to check these things. I sometimes do this with the bible, so I feel a little more enlightened now I have the Koran too. In three weeks time I will open the book! (Now back to my lesson planning...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home