Sunday, April 11, 2004

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
I was invited out for a stroll in the country today with Shirley and Lee her partner. We were to meet at Church Stretton for this stroll - at 9 in the morning. So, on Easter Sunday I was up at 7 and leaving home at ten past eight to arrive on time. We were joined by a seriously fit 'other' walker. Well, we went up the Carding Mill Valley where I took my class a fortnight ago, over the top of the Mynd, down the other side and along for about 5 miles, then back up to the Mynd, over it and down the steepest hill to the car.
Now I don't do fit, I belong to no gym, no activity class, nothing! So now I hurt. I hurt in my knees and my feet. Tomorrow I know my quads will kick in with an enormous moan. Ooooh, why do I do it?
Oh yes, and I cheated on the detox: we stopped at a pub at lunch time and they were selling real beer, so I had a pint of Spitfire Ale and it was delicious, then I also had a cup of tea to help revive me when we arrived back at the car. Breaking power of Kit Kat - there I said before anyone else could!
It was a fabulous walk, glorious weather and good company, so apart from my impersonation of Puffing Billy, it was a top notch day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home