Thursday, June 03, 2004

This does not bode well.
Whilst on a walking holiday in the south of France, I was introduced to the humour of Chinese proverbs. One woman had the knack of choosing the exact moment to tell an apt saying - just as I was about to give up on a particularly steep part of the walk, the fit people were way ahead and resting, I was looking up at the precipitous track when she quoted, "Man who take woman on slope, not on the level." I defy anyone not to fall about laughing and be totally unable to walk for at least 5 minute; exhaustion heightens my sense of the ridiculous - I always picture the set up of proverbs...... At least I finally turned up laughing, with tears running down my face, but happy. The rest of the group were left in ignorance because it was better to keep them guessing!
Well, I am reading "The Public Confessions of a Middle Aged Woman" by Sue Townsend and she quotes:
"Beware the occasions that demand new clothes." I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home