Monday, February 28, 2005

Mid- morning feasts for owls.

I thought owls hunted in the early evening? So, I am wondering if Harry Potter's owl was en route to somewhere this morning, via the lanes to Cheswardine! It was lovely to see the owl - a tawny, fly out into the field just as I drove past a tree, but slightly confusing as far as the hours of the day are concerned. So, come on you experts - do they suffer insomnia as we do, or was this one just rebelling and having a day flight/feast - as we might as midnight feast?

4 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Don't know about tawny's, but did you know that if you see a flock of birds, you should look carefully because they are very likely to be Little Owls.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

It was Harry’s owl, Hedwig. He was on his was to remind me that book 6 will be available on July 16th of this year! How silly of me to forget such an important event!

I love owls.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Forget Hairy Porter!!!! IT WAS PLOP!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh that wonderful description of his first flight and landing... one of the highlights of my teaching career has been to read that out aloud. Yes, DLG, I love PLOP.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home