Friday, October 28, 2005

Half way there!

Much relief is being felt here at 'Research Towers'; in a fit of looking things up I found the dissertation handbook. Good idea to have it to hand I thought, but on looking at the important info I found the thesis should be 25,000 words, not 20,000. Coming, as it did, in the middle of the driest part of the reading and writing, this was not good news. In fact it was almost really bad news, but emails zapped back and forwards in the ether to and from my tutor, who reassured me that it should be about 20,000 words and certainly no more that 25,000. Wow, what a relief! That was another month's writing and reading that had suddenly reared up over the horizon and caused a mighty panic.
I'll go back to my corner of the house, smile sweetly at the computer, breathe deeply and write another 500 words for the evening. I am now past the half-way mark, so I aim to write about another 2000 words so that I can have a choice as to which parts I cull, rather than having no choice at all.
All this comes before the research part which I begin next week!
Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this?

4 Comments:

Blogger H said...

This entry into your Blog is 225 words, so just think of them in terms of that! (Saddo I am, counting them) I suspect that somewhere in this ether we could find you some cheerleaders....
Rah, Rah, Rah!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

You are doing this for more money and bragging rights ;)

2:17 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh Tami, there will be no more money as a result, but my photo will join that of my two children on the mugshot wall!

4:52 PM  
Blogger H said...

Please stop now - I won't be able to stand it. It's bad enough having those two grinning at me. In fact I think it would be as bad as 'Her'.....

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home