Sunday, December 25, 2005

Nativity Plays

I went over to spend last night and this morning with my son and his partner near Nottingham. Lindsey and I went to watch the Nativity Play that was being performed in the local Baptist church, it was lovely to watch one that I had absolutely no responsibility for, so I could enjoy the traditional story line and the little mistakes that make these productions. Heaven help us when they become so good that no-one does anything untimely or muddles the words!
We returned to their home and ate a delicious Christmas meal cooked by my son - the first in their new home. It was lovely to be there and part of a new home tradition for them, it also helped me to deal with Christmas Eve which is the time I miss my mother most of all. The many times we prepared a meal together and iced the cake at midnight because I was not prepared for the day, are some of the most precioius memories I have of our times together.
Happy memories and a Happy Christmas to you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home