Sunday, December 11, 2005

This weekend...

my son and his girlfriend visited! It has been lovely to see both my 'children' recently, and this time I even cooked a meal that worked! I have got out of the habit of cooking and so a frenzy occurs when I actually decide to cook for others. Gone are the days when I enjoyed spending hours preparing a meal, but at least there are some dishes that are quick and taste good. I cooked a Green Thai beef curry which all disappeared, so I still have to make sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch! After eating, we pootled off to our local stately home to buy their Christmas tree, this being a tradition of many years for me. The first day of the holidays means that I buy the tree and decorate it. So this year I got lucky a week early!! A lesson on making golden fairies for the top of the tree followed... (You can take the person out of the classroom but not the teacher out of the person!)
Well I have just worked out that Christams day is two weeks today and I have not done much by way of shopping yet. Aargh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Do we get to see any pictures?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I am a mut, I didn't take any!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home