Sunday, November 20, 2005

There's no hiding!

Every year I meet my sister and some of her friends when they come up to Telford to attend a show. We usually go out for a meal in Shifnal. In tthe past I have recognised several ex-pupils, but managed not to be noticed. Last night was so different. We walked down an alley way towards a group of teenagers, when a shrill voice screamed, "OOH, its Mrs Phillips!" Well stopped all the messing about for a few seconds! We laughed and I went on with my sister.
We met up with the others in the group on the way to the pub where we were going to eat. The pub had been totally transformed so i was busy looking at the room and failed to look at the young man behind the bar...
Yes, the second time that night "Hello, Mrs Phillips!" It was lovely to see him, he was one of my cricket enthusiasts, still beaming as he did at the age of 7. But I am sure he can't be old enough to run a pub...?
However, one of the funny things was that the last year I was in the school he attended, I went to a Hen Party in one of the local golf clubs. The instruction was to wear something from the style of the 80's. Most of them wore Dallas style dresses, but I fancied going as a Punk Rocker. Picture it -torn jeans, chains, safety pins, hair in on of those Cherokee cuts and bright green. When you are not one of the rockers, to suddenly style your hair in that way was very difficult - at leasst it was for me. I ended up wearing a light swimming cap with some of my hair pulled through holes in it, are you managing to imagine this? I think weird would be a kind word! Anyway, I arrived and walked into the foyer to much consternation from the woman on the desk; however, she let me in. The others in the group were already there, so we went into the lounge area, and who was sitting there on a sofa? This young man who was serving me at the pub last night! He had no problems laughing at me!!
C'est la vie..

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

No this is not as funny as your date to go to a concert with the deaf guy!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger H said...

And as for the hand writing?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I forgot about that, perhaps I was a bit mischievous there!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I would love to see a picture of you in that 80's look!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Tami, I thnk the camera broke that night!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home