Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mixed up seasons

We have just had a freezing week in the UK which sadly has ended the flowering of the spring flowering shrubs. Yes, it is only November - they are so confused about when to flower nowadays! The mahonia flowers- my Christmas fowers for the dining table are brown, the delicious pink flowered shrub whose name I can never remember has flowers that look rather sagging. The winter flowering honeysuckle has a few flowers but this winters' stock of strongly scented flowers looks as if it has taken a dive. No snow drops as yet, but I wonder when they will appear this year?
Does this sound as if I am moaning?
Well too true! One of the joys of winter are the sprigs of strongly scented flwers that I can pick from my own garden. Thwarted again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home