Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Things they are a changin'

The sad part of the week-end was finding out that my favourite shop in Leicester is closing. The lovely Chinese items have been wonderful to see - the wooden Chinese food take away basket, the hat boxes. The monks' tables which I learnt about in Ladakh, each one a different height to show the level of superiority of Monk that used them. Wonderfully carved stools and cupboards. These were the kind of things that I was hoping to see when I travelled to China, but sadly there was not a lot to see by way of old furniture and items. It would have been difficult to search out the right shops in the short time that we were there, but not even the The Forbidden Palace displayed furniture. So, that shop has been a small but friendly little Chinese art gallery. Shucks, I shall have to go to London and visit his stall. At the same time I could visit the exhibition of Chinese furniture and other items which is on at the Academy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

The store where my son works is closing in January. Every time I tell someone this they all say, "Oh, I love that place!" It's a shame.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home