Sunday, January 08, 2006

After the sins - the penance!

Talk about bad timing! Today's paper has LOTS of articles about weight loss. It takes using over 2000 'things' (calories?) of energy to get rid of one pound of the weight that I have put on over Christmas, and as I put on 10 pounds, that's an awful lot of exercise. DRAT!
25 minutes of walking on the treadmill used up the vast number of 100 calories, so that is rather losing like a molehill compared with the mountain of fat! Come in Jonny Wilkinson, I need your determination to do something about this.
So, only one of those delicious almond cakes has passed my lips today and I am now going to cook a very healthy lunch. Instead of only going to the gym twicw a week, I shall do an extra set of exercises at home whilst I am looking for an excuse not to write the weekly 1000 words needed to finish my dissertation.
Do you get the impression that I am panicking?
YES!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Correct that - its over 3,500 calories per pound of fat... aaaargh.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

You haven't paid your Lardy Girls subscription yet?

4:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Come on, I am a founder member!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home