Saturday, January 21, 2006

I have seen the rust...

I visited my sister this week-end and saw the work she has done on her 'vehicle', it is most impressive. The engine is hanging from a pole, waiting to be totally taken out of the frame. I am most impressed with what she has done and also what she intends to do, it involves things like welding and replacing parts of the frame. Now I can wield a paint brush and drill a few holes in walls, but as for rebuilding a car - leave me out of it!! Look at her site - it is the Green Blatherings to see what I mean.
An unusual sight that greeted me on the journey was the diversity of road kill: pheasants, a pole cat, an owl (sadly) and a deer. Now if I had been a braver woman I would have been ou of the car, knife in hand and I would have gutted the beast and taken a joint to my sister fo rher freezer. But of course, I didn't, what a chicken!
Now tomorrow I have to produce two thousand words, OK, let's do it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Once when I was dating a guy, he bumped a squirrel with his car. He got out, picked the squirrel up, and made me hold it in my lap on the way to his house! He told me that his dad would eat it for dinner!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh my goodness Tami, did he skin and cook it too?

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home