Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fiddling while I should be sorting out.

Do you like the oranges? I thought it was time to change things and as I am not going to be diverted from sorting out the garage for days on end, the changes will creep up on you! And yes ok, I now understand why Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned - much easier than dealing with the real problems in life!! Or as a certain firend always says - I rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic!!

The electricity meter is proving to be very funny! I switched the kettle on and the reading went down 200 KWh ...? I can only assume that the freezers switched out at that point - well I hope that is the case. I am also getting a lot more exercise as I dash to see how the reading has changed. (Oh what a sad person!!) The lightbulbs that we are being encouraged to use - energy saving thingies, barely register which is incredible, meanwhile the halogen ones eat up huge amounts of power, so I don't know if I can change those fittings - I will have to see about doing something to them.

Instead of furtling in the garage I sent out to Stafford will Jill yesterday. It is a local town that I have never been impressed by, and now I know why - I hadn't seen half of it!! It has a huge square and town hall with museum etc. And the best thing is the oldest grocery shop - one of the best I have been in for years. They even had fresh turmeric! (Curry today folks!!) As for the furnishing material shop - that was also excellent, I think I have solved the problem of getting more light into the kitchen, but I am not sure that the material I looked at is quite right for a kitchen. Shiny red might be a bit too much boudoir and not enough practical. I shall spend a day there and have a really good look. I will take my camera next time too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Your oranges are bright and cheerful. I like them :)

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home