Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Those Christmas decorations are delicious!!

Before Christmas I went shopping with a friend and in amongst the things she bought were some beautiful large, red and heavy baubles which she arranged on a plate with candles and holly. They looked wonderful.

There were no more baubles to buy so I bought half a dozen pomegranates and am eating those for breakfasts at the moment. Next time I celebrate Christmas at home I am going to try to decorate the tree with other edible decorations in additions to the chocolates that I always hang now. Which reminds me, there is a bag of milk chocolate coins lurking somewhere in the house....

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I have never eaten a pomegranate. Do you eat it like an apple?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

It is full of juicy seeds Tami, surrounded by quite a bitter pith. As a child we used to use a pin to pick out the seeds, but I now copy the Nigella way and ease them out with my fingers into a bowl - they are like edible rubies to look at. I love the taste and texture too but am having difficulty finding the words to describe it.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if you eat them outside (I know, difficult at this time of year!) you just spit the seeds straight out into the flower bed, wonderful!

H

4:23 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I eat the pips - very good roughage!!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would!
Found those chocolates yet?

H

8:23 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Some sweetheart of a gal was thoughtful enough to send me a beautiful postcard from England. Wonder who that could have been? :)

Thank you! It is hanging on my fridge.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home