Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lots of post this morning!

I don't know about you, but I love getting things in the post and this morning was a bumper day! There was a card from Tami in Kentucky, which is a blue grass state - must look that up! I didn't realise that horse racing was quite so important to so many towns until this holiday and now the postcard which had racing horses on it.

There was also a present from my new electricity suppliers - a meter which shows how much electricity each machine in the house uses. Well! The computer screen uses 30 watts when starting up, then settles down to 10 watts - and that is just the first thing I have checked. I can see that there is going to be a lot of exercise gained by just finding out how much electricity is being used! I shall be intrigued to find out if the little red light on the television uses as much as we are told in the press. Gosh, it is going to be a manic day - doing things, then rushing to the monitor and checking up, and I know I shall have to have a note book beside it because I will never remember the readings. Boiling the kettle is supposed to be a really heavy user of power...

I think I am going to end up feeling that ignorance is bliss! I'll let you know which is the most guzzling item in the house, but I suspect it will take some time to find out. Perhaps I should try to feed the info into the blog, rather like the plastic bag counter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I’m guessing awareness will cause you to save a lot of electricity … and that is the purpose of those machines I am sure! That would be very handy and, I too, would make a list of everything. It sounds like fun actually :)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

could be the cause of madness!!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home