Friday, April 18, 2008

Is this the season for Christmas trees?

Well, I think it probably isn't the right time of year to be talking about Christmas trees, but I am just recycling mine - the branches which are now dry are providing the kindling for hte nightly fire. The main trunk has been chopped up into logs to dry for burning next winter.

As well as all this I am attacking the weeds in the garden, planting the seeds and getting back to being at home. It is quite strange that I find I am missing eating breakfast with other people more than anything else from the holiday!! Strangely enough my wish to live near a diner might have come true recently - there is a small patch of land for sale near our estate which someone was trying to get permission to build a diner there. Now wouldn't that have been blissful? Blueberry pancakes and good coffee for breakfast...or fruit, then bacon, eggs and hash browns with maple syrup...

Dream on!! Planning permission was not granted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

It is wonderful that you can use your tree for more than decorating.
How far do you have to travel for a good sit-down restaurant?

1:56 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi Tami, there are a couple of good restaurants in Newport which is about three miles and then the nearest pub has a very good restaurant too - and that is two miles on my bike!! Thank you for your card - it arrived this morning, I am amazed at how many towns are 'racing' towns - there were lots in New Zealand and of course Melbourne.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home