Monday, March 09, 2009

I'm going to try again .....

I'm back from some more travels, the combi boiler is not working, so no heating or hot water - but am I down hearted? (No, only cold and probably smelly!!) Well.... let's see!!

It is March and the garden is starting to grow, snowdrops and crocuses are out, daffodils are just starting to flower and shrubs like honeysuckle and viburnum are filling the air with a gloriously sttrong perfume.

However, that is not what is exciting me at the moment. In the past I have begged for someone to search out a tidiness gene - not any more! A book has come to my rescue - "A perfect mess. the hidden benefits of disorder' is helping me to accept my lifestyle. The authors, Abrahamson and Freedman point out lots of things that I think I instinctively felt but could not put together as an argument against those who demanded tidiness. Don't get me wrong, I admire the tidy ones amonst us and have always felt I would like to be up there with them, but I can't do it for more than 5 minutes. And of course, all my really good friends are incredible tidy. I have frequently asked why they still talk to me, but got no real answer, now I shall not be asking any more!

I even sign up to web sites that send me weekly emails to help me tidy up my life, I know I should only touch a letter once, then it should have been dealt with. (Hah!! Get real!)

So, the next few posts will be 'a trumpet blast against' this expectation of tidiness, not quite in the same vein as John Knox, but equally vehement I hope!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You are never home long enough to tidy up ;) Glad to see you back.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, that's an excuse I haven't used yet!!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been in this des res and although amazingly homely,comfortable and having some of the most amazing antiques you will ever see, 'Lizbeth does not do tidy! Clean - yes, tidy - NO!!!!!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!
I AM NO LONGER A LINK!!!!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Lynn, I wish you were still a link! Do you ever think about it? I would love to hear what is going on with you :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Missing you ... it is now August!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home