Monday, June 16, 2008

Come for a Pizza!

My daughter invited my over for a meal on Saturday night - a meal with a difference. She had build an oven outside and used it to cook pizzas, so she wondered if I would like to try it too. Wow, that's a treat I would not turn down, almost as good as my bucket barbeque - in fact I think it's better!!

She dug out the clay from her garden which is near this lake, then she built the oven over a pile of sand.





Mum and some babies - we thought they were cute!






This is Livvy putting a loaf of bread into the oven..











Here's one of the pizzas, they were small so we made several. (And yes, they are now sitting well on my hips!) They were delicious and took very little time to cook - in fact almost exactly the time it took to eat half of one and wet our lips with some wine!









To finish, we needed a walk around the lake at sunset - almost as good as the Kariba dam!!




Just as we were almost home, we saw this funny sight -

Some weeds will grow anywhere! (The hedge it is growing through is about 4 feet high.)

I will write about our Sunday adventures later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Your daughter lives in a beautiful area. I'm sure she loves waking up to the scenery every morning :)
The pizza looks delicious!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, she loves it Tami and I love going down to eat the delicious food that she cooks.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home