Thursday, July 03, 2003

Life style
There are times when it feel so right not to be going out to work - when the grass gets cut before it grows so high that I need to tilt the mower sideways to half cut it, then have to go over it again to fully cut it. Then there are the borders which need sorting so that I can see the flowers, I usually get around to that after the flowers are over.... you get the idea? I am not the world's most organised person.
However, this year, the christmas cake will be made before the middle of December, I am in the middle of mixing it now. Whether I get round to icing it before Christmas Eve is another matter - that is usually a tradition we have, my mother perches somewhere near and tells me how to do things - with the help of a little scotch, then I do it. We usually finish the job after midnight and celebrate Christmas twice - very early, then after breakfast. If I am organised and the cake doesn't need icing, then things won't be quite the same - so perhaps I could bake some mince pies at midnight instead!!
The other times that balance this unheard of organisation in my life are when the favourite shops in my life tell me that they are having sales or have their new stock in. That's the down side!! I shall hide my car keys so that my car does not take me over to Eccleshall and take care not to trip over my bottom lip which is having a mega sulk!
Back to the cake, then I shall pick the first peas of the year from the veg patch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home