Friday, August 22, 2003

Come Clean!
OK! OK! I am going to come clean about the scented doorway!! There ARE lovely lilies by the side of it - they were grown by my own fair hand! These are the lovely smelling ones...
There are also other plants - including these autumn crocuses --yes autumn, I've said the word.
They have no perfume but just happily flower away at the end of the season, I always think they are contented little plants to do it at this time of year! Just like the cyclamen which have also started to show colour.
However, the really scented stuff is sitting on the steps up to the garden waiting for me to sort it out. It is the basis of the rest of my gardening - the donkey dung!
Wonderful stuff, I put it in my five compost heaps with all the garden waste, the shredded paper, the kitchen veg waste, ooh it makes a delicious mix when really rotted down. Who needs membership of a gym when you have to dig out five lovely piles of compost. Shall I introduce you to them? There's Toad of Toad Hall, in the green plastic, Mouse Mansion in the two wooden erections and leaf mould is home to all sorts of little creatures. Sadly I have to say I have no slow worms in my heaps - my sister has lots. I sulk about this frequently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home