Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Ohhh, did we party?
We started the celebrations with delicious pink Champagne brought back from recently by Helen, another intrepid traveller of the globe, from there we just carried on celebrating. Shirley was looking so healthy (and slim!!!....) and had obviously enjoyed the trip, in fact she wouldn't mind doing it again.
At this point let me clarify one or two things about myself - I do not do exercise and have never achieved a good level of fitness, so although I admire her, I do not want to emulate Shirley in this. I eat chocolate and almond cakes and sinful things like that. However, I like partying and was firmly in charge of the fridge where the drink was stored, meeting lots of hands stretching out for bottles. It was only when I left my post that people started spilling red wine and then tested the theory that when white wine is poured over a red wine stain, it magically disappears. Poof! The next morning the carpet looked quite clean, Shirley's face was green and several of us did not appreciate the offer of a cooked breakfast from Lee. So it was a very good party.
As for the shop that I was so looking forward to ransacking, it only opens on a Friday and Saturday - so I shall have to go back. I spent a long time drooling through the window before I was dragged to lunch. One of the better things about living in towns and cities is the availability of good cafes, we had a delicious lunch at a little cafe - ciabatta with bacon, eggs and mushrooms and it was cooked to our own requests as regards the eggs. Absolutely great! That's two places recently I have been to for good snacks, Nuneaton railway station and the cafe in Leicester - rather vague but I can't remember its name!!
Now aren't you envious of my exciting life with these cafes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home