Sunday, January 11, 2004

Do your car keys do it for you too?
Let me describe leaving school on Friday night for you. I'm sorry DLG KNOG yes - it was late, 7pm. (I can hear you shouting from here!!) My alter ego was also working late, trying to finish the marking, however, we decided enough was enough at that time of the evening. We got our things together, I put a box of stuff in my car and then went back to lock up and set the alarm. It was at this point that I panicked - where were my car keys? Well, yes, it IS obvious now, I had opened the car so they must still be in the car door. When it is pitch dark so you can't see the car, let alone the car door, you're tired and want to go home, why isn't the obvious solution obvious? I went back in - redid the alarm, searched my class and hers, walked out to admit my failure and then realised where they were. Oh dear!!!

This state of mind continued the next morning. Saturday is the week-end, time off etc etc. Well I rose early to go down to London to the Bett show - work in other words! Just before reaching Stafford I realised that I had left my hair straighteners switched on so dashed back home to turn them off. Dashed (again) back to catch the next train and finally arrived rather late. What was good about this? I met up with a colleague from my previous job who was just going in with his young daughter. The sad thing was that she was not allowed in and was too young for the creche.
Disaster looms? No, the staff were wonderful, they looked after her for an hour, then I was allowed a half hour of blissful play with her then dad went home with her having managed to see some of the show.
Her name is Eleanor and she was a poppet! I thought I would like to read her a story but she soon sorted all that out and we were doing all sorts of daft things which were much more fun, I had forgotten about that total sublimation one has to young toddlers and their incredible charm. Paul is a man who is not fazed by anything and neither is his daughter, she enjoyed everyone's company and then happily went home with dad. Wow! What a family. So I was extremely glad to have arrived late. Otherwise I would not have met up with them both and had such an enjoyable visit to the show. I must email the staff and congratulate them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home