Sunday, April 18, 2004

Another day, another fix.
This holidays I have spent many hours preparing for the ofsted people whoare going to visit our school. It was designated a failing school about three years ago, this year an HMI said it was better so we had our reward - a promise of an ofsted. Great. Now they are going to be with us in 10 days.
So - the displays are almost all done - still don't know what to do with the maths, but inspiration has got to arrive this week. The books have been trawled and double checked. The planning is basically all sorted on the medium term, the short term is partially written. The pencils have mysteriously arrived, as have the whiteboard pens, they have to last two weeks - after that I don't care. (Isn't that awful, I hate saying that I don't care about things!)
So, I have rewarded myself with a visit to Leicester for a Scrabble fix. What a game the first one was. I selected every single letter A except for one, in one hand I held 5 Letter A's and two letter O's. Good? Huh!! If I had counted all the consonants that I picked out of the bag, they would not have been more than 8 in the whole game. Yet I won!! I caught up a deficit of 70 marks and went into the lead. That is not to decry the mastery of the second game, it took several hours, as fitting the Ktichen units needed all three of us at various times, we also had to buy some extra tools, so interrupted is a good description for this one.
However, I scored my highest single score of 57 - two words on a corner, both of which I simple finished off rather than completely laid out, then the total score for me was 294. Now that's what I call a triumph! Meanwhile, Shirley seems to be going off the game! Spoilsport....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home