Friday, December 03, 2004

Picture this...

It's eight o'clock on a frosty Friday morning, the forecast is for a foggy, cool and damp morning. My journey to school looms... but its Friday, so its alright.
I stepped out of the door to be greeted by that wonderful, soft pink sunrise with the light reflecting off the trees and grass in the garden. Oh so beautiful.
The fields were coloured in that dusty green and the tree skeletons dusted with hoar frost. It was so lovely I took my time driving along the lanes and enjoyed the hedges and woods. Then turning around the corner of the hamlet at the end of my road, I saw a rainbow. A full-blooded rainbow which travelled up the valley in front of me. It was entrancing and ooohs and aahs were issuing forth from my car for the whole journey. I have never seen a rainbow in frost before and this was wonderful. I arrived at school with one of those beatific smiles on my face, even though yesterday was possibly one of the most shocking professional experiences that I have had. The rainbow banished all those feelings.
My question is this - can you ever travel underneath the arch of a rainbow? Sadly, I did the correct thing and turned off to work, but I really wanted to drive on and find out, never mind the pot of gold under the end of the rainbow, the experience was pure gold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

What a beautiful picture you create!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home