Sunday, January 29, 2006

I would like you to meet...

the new man in my life. His name is Herbie.

Yes, I have a different car. Blue - the name of my last car, has gone onto new pastures, without too many public tears from me. In private however.... a different matter. So many things about that car are precious memories of my mother and the times we spent together getting lost in the Worcesterchire countryside. However, it was time for us both to move on.
Hence Herbie. He is gorgeous, a VW Beetle with Herbie markings. My brother-in-law obviously fell in love with him, so as I ws going to change my car this year - he fitted the bill! Driving 200 miles to change your car is silly, but he's lovely and to repeat that phrase,"He's worth it!"

Within 20 miles of setting off to drive home, I had had several new experiences - and I am in the middle ages of life.
I have never been propositioned by total strangers driving past on the motorway before - not that I want this to happen in life, but it was new and funny! The young men going to Reading were obviously smitten with him.
The engine seems to have two modes - speeds up to 70mph and then faster!! To my horror I found myself in the second stage without even realising it on the journey home from Fleet - what a bad car!! I shall need to keep an eye on the speedometer very carefully from now on.
My only worry is that all those drivers on my journey to work won't realise that Herbie is the new Blue. We have good relationships - waiting at the passing points and waving as we pass each day. I think a sign is needed, but then, they didn't know that my last car was called Blue.
Oh, what d you do in this kind of situation?!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have Herbie?! YOU HAVE HERBIE?!!!

*PLEASE* come and visit us please please please ... you would make Akra Jr's LIFE!

(oh, okay, it's me really ... I *adore* Herbie - Akra Jr has had to be default...)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Well... I shall be going past your doorway next Sunday - is that any good?

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As in the 5th? Argh ... that would have been great, except we're in London :( If the following Sunday, then I'm sure something can be arranged :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Let's think about half term -I am coming down to see my daughter - for her to proof read my dissertation, so I could call in on teh way there - probably Monday and before 5pm???

5:27 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Okay, Herbie sounds adorable, but I need a PICTURE!!!!! :)

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monday 13th sounds fab :)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo now available :)

http://flickr.com/photos/pewari/100149737/

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I love your new car!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home