Sunday, February 26, 2006

You won't know what to do with yourself.

Nearly everyone has made this comment about life after a dissertation. Well, yestaerday I went for some retail therapy to my favourite (sorry DLG OUR favourite) clothes shop. Last night I allowed myself more than one glass of wine after my meal. Oh bliss! Today, I bought the Sunday paper as usual, then spent about an hour and a half reading it - whilst drinking some real coffee.
Lunch then followed and this is what I have been really looking forward to - I cooked a meal! No chucking pasta into a suacepan and adding pesto, no! The first course was cream of watercress soup, beautifully green! (I must buy a new seive, the old one which is about 20 years old, now has a huge hole in it) This was followed by some decious smoked salmon from the Scottish Isles with the most yummy dip. A grated apple, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, half a tub of creme fraiche and 1 teaspon of dill mustard. (OK, there's no cooking involved, but i did grate the apple! And this is only day 1 of the rest of my life!)That is so delicious, I can recommend it folks. This was accompanied by a couple of slices of walnut bread, some unsouped watercress and a tomato. Pud was a freah mango.
I admit there is very little cooking involved, the kitchen still looks like a bomb has hit it - there's the only drawback to real cooking, the washing up!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

HAH! So what has happened to the GORC Diet?

4:14 PM  
Blogger H said...

So, you'd better have your recipe books back then. Mind you they won't help with the washing up, no matter how hard you nag them!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Oh, I HATE the washing up too!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home